BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Roller Coaster

Up and down and down and up...the weather.  We've gone from below freezing to 70 degrees and back agin, since New Years.  We've had snow, ice, and everything else.  We've been to park twice this month and gone sledding in the yard.  T-shirts and jeans to fuzzy sweaters and snowsuits.  I could go on, but you get the picture.  The weather here has been crazy!!  We have been in the high 40s low 50s most of the month and I have yet to break out most of my nice sweaters.  The upside to all of this is that my heating bill for this month will be quite low.  Why the paragraph on this, well, it got me thinking about how much cold weather affects the whole rest of the year.  Thanks to the warm January, allergy season this spring will be hell.  The ground here hasn't really frozen, so the flowers and plants are already starting to come up.  Stay awake, I am going somewhere with this. 
Consistency.  There is a lack of weather consistency in this part of the county.  It seems so weird that something out of our control can cause so many issues.  Many people beg for consistency in their lives, personal and professional lives.  Do we become complacent in our need for consistency?  Do I want to walk through life like a zombie?  I say no!!  As much as I hate the inconsistency in the weather, I love the inconsistency in my life.  It keeps me awake, alert, and aware of God's presence in my life.  So, if it starts raining cats and dogs and you are wearing shorts and a Hawiian shirt January, just chalk it up to God makeing you pay attention and making sure your windshield wipers are new.

No comments: